Tragedy and Farce
A Blog of History, Warfare, and Popular Culture
- Hundred-Year-Old Guns in Ukraine: Technological Continuity in Modern Warfare
- A Defense of “Ameritrash” Board Games
- Ukraine and the Demographics of Siege Warfare
- Legal Effects of D&D Magic: (Danger) Zone of Truth
- Mini Take: How War Films Lie to You About Age
- The Great Wall: Breaking Down The Trope
- How Historically Accurate is Hearts of Iron IV?
- May 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022
- January 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
Want updates about articles? Subscribe here!
About the blog and author
My name is Thomas Brodey, and I’m a student, writer, and enthusiastic accumulator of useless knowledge. Tragedy and Farce is a collection of my essays about history, pop culture, and the connections between the two. Warning: my content is often esoteric and niche, and may be inappropriate for STEM majors.